Skip to main content

Outdoor Activities

I had the day off for MLK day, so I got together with one of my best geo-buddies to go find some geocaches. On the way to meet up with her, the morning was very misty-foggy. As I was driving down FM 50 near Brenham, I saw a Bald Eagle flying low over a pond just to my left. I always get so excited about seeing these majestic birds so close to home and over the last couple of months, I have seen 3 of them. I was driving so I didn't have a chance to try to snap a picture.
Photo by Suzzanne Britton
ironphoenix.org/gallery/

We headed northeast to an area where there were caches that neither of us have already found. The fog was beginning to lift and it turned into a gorgeous day. Our first stop, a cemetery. The wind was whispering in the pines and birds were everywhere. I could have just sat there for a long time soaking it all in.  A "V" of Snow Geese flew overhead heading south. Wrens where about as were some Robins. I saw a tiny bird with a bright red stripe on its head and it was flitting around in the cedars right in front of me, but not holding still long enough for its camera debut. I looked it up later and found out it is a Ruby Crowned Kinglet. A new one to add to my life list! Such a cute little fellow!

We started on a series of caches and then took a break for lunch on the Lake in Conroe. It was a little breezy, but nice, so we sat out on the patio.  I created a Sight on Sighter Game and we put out a few Munzees along the way heading home.  We stopped by the military tank that has twice eluded me and I FINALLY got to log that one and even completed a locationless cache on terracaching.com. 20 caches found along with a couple of Munzees for the day. We didn't do much pre-planning, so no letterboxes today.

I got home and started a couple loads of laundry. I know, ugh! While they were washing and drying, I went outside with my tablet to edit and publish my field notes as logs.  I just couldn't stand going inside any more than I had to. The Barred Owls across the road were carrying on a little early and I love to listen to them. Henbit and Spring Beauties are already blooming in the yard. Hopefully, Spring is on its way.

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My House In Order

I'll be the first one to confess that I am NOT the world's best housekeeper. I have been a single mom of my 18-year old "baby" since he was just a couple of months old and it hasn't always been easy. As a matter of fact, I think the toddler was more tidy than the teenager. He has a habit of opening cabinets and not closing them, dropping things on the floor wherever he happens to be, leaving items on the counter and so on. After lots of arguments and not making much headway, I decided to pick my battles and let him do his thing in his own room. Then a few things made their way to the living room and little by little, you get used to things being out. And yes, I got lazy and didn't feel like messing with it.  Then one day I looked around and thought that if someone happened to pop in unannounced, I would be totally embarrassed. So, something had to give.

There are as many methods of cleaning and decluttering as there are ways to make a mess.  I have looked thro…

Rideshare in B/CS

It's official!  I'm now also a driver for Uber. Here's hoping the two programs overlap nicely.

My Referral Code is denisev472ue and you can get a 1st rider discount or a bonus for signing up as a driver using my code.

I am driving in the Brazos Valley - Brazos and Burleson Counties.

Need a Lyft?

#lyft is now in the Bryan/College Station (Aggieland) area and I'm a driver. Use my promocode NATIVTXN Need a Lyft?Get $5 off your first ride Want to give a Lyft?Get up to a $100 driver bonus