Delicious Delights

This Saturday, I went to New Caney, Texas to go to a #letterboxing event with a local boxer, topcrop. It was just over 2 hours from home. I drove to College Station and we left from there in the morning. It was cool enough to wear a jacket. The event, organized by Open Space, was at the Dining Hall at Lake Houston Wilderness Park. We arrived at the Dining Hall a little before 11:00 am and it was just warm enough to leave the jackets in the car. We checked in, left our food items, signed the event box and got our Cookbook. It had real recipes in it and also some clues to new boxes.

We
hit the trails and found 3 boxes before lunch. I'm up to 99 letterboxing finds (not including event boxes, hitchhikers/cooties/fleas or postals). On the way back to the dining hall, we stopped to grab a quick #geocache along the way.  There are LOTS of caches in this Park!

We went to eat the potluck lunch. Oh my! So many desserts to choose from! We visited with some boxers and collected a few event boxes and cooties, then went outside for a group photo.

We headed back out on the trails for a couple of the temporary series.
 The first "pie" in the Pie Palooza series by Mosaic Butterfly was my 100th letterbox find. We found all 14 in that series and moved on to the Beverage of Choice series by a variety of carvers and found all 9 boxes. We were running low on time, so we went back to the dining hall and we logged a Postal set and a couple other stamps out on the tables.  We said our good-byes then drove back home.

The weather was perfect and this is a nice park that I plan to return to. The relaxing time on the trail with Janet was just what I needed to leave some of my troubles behind for a little while. I wish I hadn't lost my pedometer last weekend. I would have racked up lots of steps!

Thanks again to Open Space for putting this altogether and for all the new carves. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Comments